Drinking Post Installation
Check out this installation video! Steve Lantvit installs 6 new Drinking Posts for his cattle in 1 day! It doesn’t get any quicker or easier than this!
Installing the Drinking Post is very easy and straightforward. The most important parts of Drinking Post installation are making sure the base of the Post is deep enough and making sure the leach field is big enough. The base of the Drinking Post must sit at least 18″ below the local frostline. The leach field must be at least 3′ x 3′ x 1′ deep. If you have clay, hard pan, or rock in your soil, you’ll want to overbuild the leach field. If you have a high water table, please give us a call. A high water table can interfere with the functioning of the Drinking Post. Every Drinking Post will come with an Installation Guide, so make sure you and your installer read it through and call us with questions!
To see the Installation Guide, click this button:
The Drinking Post functions and installs like a frost-free hydrant.
The base of the Post sits 18″ below the local frost line and connects to a pressurized waterline.
The waterline must supply 25-65 PSI to the base of the Post.
The Post sits on top of a leach field made of crushed rock. The leach field must be 3′ x 3′ x 1′ deep.
No electricity, cement pad, or insulation required!
Any outdoor plumber or excavator can install the Drinking Post and many of our Dealers offer installation as well.
Where can the Drinking Post be installed?
The Drinking Post can be installed anywhere you have a pressurized waterline. This includes pastures, barns, paddocks, sheds, runs, stalls, in the fence line… literally ANYWHERE!
Now you have more flexibility in how you manage your pastures, paddocks, and stalls!
- No electricity is required to keep from freezing
- No minimum head count to keep Post operational (each Post can handle 0 to 25 animals)
- Once installed, there’s no cost to keep your Drinking Post “action ready”
- No solar panel, insulation, heater, etc., needed to keep Post frost-free.
- Connects directly to a pressurized water line 18″ below the frostline (the waterline must supply 25-65 PSI)
- Easy installation – it installs like a frost-free hydrant which is very common. Any outdoor plumber or excavator will have experience with hydrants and can install Drinking Posts!
What's next after installation? Training your animals to use the Post!
Watch this video on training: